Thursday, August 9, 2012
Emerge! Fashion Runway Show
Featured EMERGE! Designers will include:
• Berny Martin, Catou Designs - Founded by designer Berny Martin, Catou is a retail clothing design and manufacturing company. The business was established in an effort to provide innovation, creativity, vision and artistic elegance through fashion. Catou, designs and manufactures business clothing for those who desire a look that is clean and chic. Catou’s line of business wear for men and women has incorporated the participation and management of various fashion shows and high-profile events. Edgy and elegant, flirty and sophisticated, Catou clothing makes a statement. www.catouwear.com
• India de Beaufort, Ballyhoo – India de Beaufort is currently a series regular on ABC Family’s “Jane By Design.” She plays 'India Jourdain' a lead designer at a high-end fashion label. During her stint on the fashion based show, India designed and made a collection of four pieces for her character, one of which was featured on the ABC Family series. India landed her first series at the age of 15, in the BAFTA nominated "The Basil Brush Show" for the BBC. Although India's main profession is theatrical, her formal education was in fashion at Esher College, Surrey, UK. Showing talent for art and design at a young age, India has been watched closely and mentored by world renowned Tony Award winning set and costume designer, Tim Goodchild. 'Ballyhoo' is inspired by her love of all things period, all things Parisian and her cherished and ever-growing collection of Vintage and Antique clothing. Notable acting credits include; "Run, Fatboy, Run" - directed by David Schwimmer, the lead female role in Comedy Central's "Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire" and a recurring role on the CW's "One Tree Hill" among others. www.Indiadebeaufort.com
• Arefeh Mansouri of Arefeh Fashion - Arefeh Mansouri's career began in Montreal, Canada, born in Tehran, Iran she immigrated to Canada at 16 years of age. During her early years, Mansouri displayed great interest and aptitude in painting, already an accomplished painter, she soon realized where her true passions lie. This led her to a career in Fashion and Costume Design. She began her studies of Fashion at Montreal's LaSalle College. Subsequently, she launched a women's sportswear line until she was offered a position in Milan, Italy as head designer for an Italian clothing Firm. In 2007 she relaunched her line in the United States with a specific focus on Couture Wedding and Evening wear. In addition, she began pursuing her passion for costume design. Her designs are featured in major Hollywood productions. Arefeh Mansouri is a member of Academy of Television Arts & Sciences as a Costume Designer. www.arefehfashion.com
• Franklin Rowe – Franklin Rowe International – Bronx-born Franklin Rowe attended the LaGuardia high school of music and arts with notable graduates as Dianne Carroll, Billy Dee Williams, Kurtis Blow and Nate Adderly. Shortly after his graduation from high school he was awarded a full scholarship to NYC Park Avenue prestigious Traphagen School of Design, founded in the 1920s by Ethel Traphagen, a designer credited for introducing shorts and pants to American Women's Fashion. Franklin took the lead in black fashion design by combining the rich vibrant African American history with Euro-elegant sensibilities by illustrating the combined influences it’s hadsince the dawn of time through the present with a cool and chic offering, bursting with subtle shadings of color to bright combinations in chiffon and silks as well as a knock out collection of intricately designed leathers made bold yet ready to wear. Franklin has a long list of celebrityclientele as well as major corporate executives. His unique gift and expertise in design is in arguably a chance to visitfashion legacy as it moves forward.
• Taneasha Prunty of Gidi Designs – Taneasha started designing at a young age after watching her mother as a seamstress growing up. Taneasha created Gidi’s Designs, Gidi's vision is to create looks that walk the fine line between classic sophistication and modernism while still implementing an element of surprise. Rather than entertaining the latest fads or trends Gidi focuses more on a lasting signature look. When wearing any of Gidi's designs the unique individuality that is expected when buying an eveningwear garment is maintained while offering timeless class. www.gidionline.com